As a Cloud Security Engineer in the Security Technology Services Engineering group, you will be working in a team responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and early life cycle support of cloud security services across the global, multi-cloud environment. The Cloud Security Engineer will work closely with Security Architects, Service Delivery, Security Operations, and Cyber Defense to support the enablement of security services. These services will be handed over to Security Operations teams once the early life cycle is ended and all relevant documentation is provided. Additionally you will provide consulting services to other teams, and act as a level four escalation point for operational issues.
What are you going to do?
Build technology solutions following all relevant standards and practices for both on premise and cloud-based solutions.
Responsible for the design, build, testing of new security solutions and completion of technical security deliverables and documentation.
Provides engineering support for existing security technologies and services.
Able to make technical decisions in support of Architecture, Operations, Strategy and Service Delivery functions within the project and escalated troubleshooting contexts.
Offers technical expertise and insight driving direct improvements and remediation of services and technologies where needed.
You will be working on developing, integrating & deploying new and existing security cloud technologies.
You will be improving upon existing security technologies in use and make recommendations for replacements where needed.
Creates production support documentation aligned to new or enhanced security products or services.
Ability to work in a diverse, global environment. Builds strong relationships across all levels of a matrixed, geographically and culturally dispersed organization utilizing advanced oral and written English communication skills.
Drives automation and innovation across the security technologies supported.
Ability to work out of regular office hours to accommodate the global team and organizational calls and meetings.
Weekend or late-night work may occur during the project and early life cycle support phases.
No direct supervision responsibilities although expectation of technical leadership within the projects assigned.
Some travel may be required.
What do we need from you?
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective teaming and knowledge sharing skills.
- Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex security environments.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in designing and implementing at least one or more of the following security solutions within multi-cloud environments such Azure, AWS, GCP or similar technologies including:
- Cloud-based Security Center such as Azure Security Center
- Cloud-based SIEM such as Azure Sentinel
- Container Security tools such as AquaSec
- Cloud App Security
- Log Analytics
- Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Tools and Solutions.
- Solid understanding of Docker/ Kubernetes Infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of networking and security best practices.
- Good understanding of DevOps and ITIL.
- Strong ability to document processes, procedures and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers.
- Understanding of other technologies required to run a secure enterprise level infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the security industry.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Have at least 5 years of Information Security experience.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in an engineering function.
- Experience working in a global, virtual environment.
- Have shown deep expertise in Azure, Google and/or AWS Cloud services, hybrid and on-premise security solutions.
- Have a strong knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Have strong experience with writing custom, scripting tools (Python, Ansible, PowerShell, etc.), interacting with API’s and shell scripting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good time management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong English language skills are required – written and verbal.
- Good judgment, tact, and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, global environment.
- Technical experience in a large, complex, global IT environment.
- Involved in large scale global IT deployments or application cloud migrations.
- At least one technical certification from a public cloud provider, especially Azure, AWS or Google.
- Cloud Security enthusiast.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
If you are interested, please send your resume in English to email@example.com with the reference “CSE”.